Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Project 2: Bassline

When i found out that we were making a bass line i got excited :p. I'm a bass player, so this is always the part of the music i listen to most. I stared out making up my own riffs... but failed... miserably... so i decided to use the piano roll instead... and i got very very very picky :) I looked for all basslines that i would have fun playing on bass. With a darker feel (in a minor key), but not going overboard. I used all Rock/Metal drum loops in the background, to kind of go with the sound. And then i brought back the first loop in the end and added a holded note for the finish.

Hope you like it!
:)

2 comments:

  1. This is so very very SWEET! very smooth and groovy bass, and the drums fit it perfectly! you should see if you can actually play this on your bass, this is really good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Killer. Sounds fantastic. I love the drum loop you have coupled with the bass line. One can easily tell that you are a bass player as the bass is right in it's sweet spot register. One side not though- the plural of hold is held, not holded. Great work on the music.

    ReplyDelete