Friday, April 10, 2009

FX Loop

I had the most fun making this loop out of all the other projects so far, because it was challenging and it took me SO LONG.

First i used the Violin Ensemble sound and i played a G, G#,G to make the loop that repeats throughout the whole song. Then i added the Phaser effect to it.

Next i made the drum beat, and all i did for that was use the "DNC_kick_3" and put in a hit on the first, fourth, seventh, ninth, and thirteenth. Originally i had delay on the drum line, but it sounded too muddy and messy, so i took off the delay and left it as is.

Next i made a little melody with the 'Chorus moog_s' sound and added Delay to it.

NEXT... I was playing around with the sounds, and found that one note that just dingds and then fades out. (its called 'NOTE') SO i added that in every now and then (on a pattern of course) and at the VERY end for that last thing you hear i added Delay.

Then for the very last touch i added that high pitched ringing noise, it reminds me ofwhen my ears ring -_-'... but i like it. And i added the Reverb effect to it.

And there you are! My latest project.


Hope You Like It :)

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE it. The half step motif in the strings is a great canvas to layer on all of your other sounds. The kick gives it a real industrial sound, and you fill out the bass and midrange nicely. I like the use of rever and the modulating effects.

    ReplyDelete