Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Automation Project

Here is my next project, the automation clip :)

This one took me quite a bit of time, and it gave me alot of problems too :/ i started with the idea in my head that this was going to be kind of an eerie song, and so i looked for a pad for the background that would reflect what i wanted to make the piece feel like. I ended up finding the "Light Waves" Pad, and i decided it could sound kinda creepy with the right melody over it. over THAT, I found the "Oberheim Bass" sound and made the melody to go over the pad. I don;t know where I've head that melody before... but I've definitely heard it -_-' So i made that loop and added it and decided it needed drums, so i looked for a drum loop that would fit the pattern of my melody, and i looked and looked and looked (it took me a very long time) and i finally found "DL_AfterKill" and i liked it, but it didn't QUITE match the melody exactly, so i though "THAT'S WHAT EFFECTS ARE FOR!!! :D" SO i started with the pad, and put an automation for the Volume, and made it spike up and down very very VERY fast, and it sounded choppy and i liked it. Next i added the volume automation to the bass part, and then did the X-Y muffley thingy (i really don't know what its called) and recorded it, and it sounded WICKED COOL. NEXT i added delay to the percussion and i think it fits in to the rest of the piece nicely :) At the very end i made the layers just fade out, because it was time to finish it, and any other elaborate thing would just take WAYY too much time -_-'

(And i just realized how much i use weird faces in my posts >_>)

2 comments:

  1. Excellant song. like the sounds that you chose. faces in the post are fine :P the automations are highly effective. i like the song itself, around all of these other things. nice work :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the pad sound with the LFO envelope on the volume control, and the drum fade in and out is delightful. great idea and great use of the envelope tool.

    ReplyDelete